Hui mian(烩面) is said that its origin is in Tang dynasty. A country woman made a bowl of noodles for Li Shimin to help him when he had a cold, so Li found that woman later after he became the emperor. So the royal cooks began to learn from this woman. In Qing Dynasty, the Eight Power Allied forced into Beijing, and the Empress Dowager Ci Xi who escaped to Shanxi, still remembered Hui mian can dispel cold. Until the end of the Qing Dynasty, the royal cook Pang Enfu escaped from the palace and lived in seclusion in Henan. Hui mian began spreading in secular society.
A few pieces of mutton
- The key parts are noodle and soup. Hui mian’s noodle is wider and more thick.The cook should knead the dough again and again to make it more chewy so that the noodle can taste good.
- The soup is the most essential part of Hui mian. The soup needs the mutton and dip the mutton in the water again and again. Then stew the mutton for some hours. Finally, the soup will become very delicious.
- When you eat it, you can also put some chilli oil. It can be more awesome.
Zhengzhou Hui mian
Heji(合记）Lamb Hui mian
In May 1994 it was awarded the "all of the famous brand name of food". In December 1997 it won the "Chinese famous snacks". The predecessor of Heji is the old folks hotel.In 1953, Li Shaoqing and other 4 people were partnership management,so they changed the name "Heji restaurant".Since 1967 specializing in lamb noodle, they renamed "Heji Lamb Hui mian", commonly known as "Heji".
Xiaoji(萧记）Sanxian（三鲜） Hui mian
Xiaoji Sanxian Hui mian's founder Xiao Honghe was a Yifu mian(伊府面) cook in Zhengzhou state-owned Changchun Hotel before. After retirement, he took two sons to open a Hui mian restaurant. He didn't follow traditional mutton Hui mian style, but from its own specialty of Yifu mian to find inspiration, put the sea cucumber and squid who taste delicious and have high value of nutrition into Hui mian, called Sanxian Hui mian.
The flour is rich in protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and calcium, iron, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium and other minerals. It can nourish the heart and kidney, invigorate the intestine,and cure the hysteria, Fanre, diabetes, diarrhea, bleeding and scald injury, etc.
Lamb has abundant protein and the high content of calcium, iron and vitamin C. Lamb is easily digestible and has high protein, low fat, fat containing phospholipid,low cholesterol.
Vermicelli is rich in carbohydrates, dietary fiber, protein, calcium, niacin and magnesium, iron, potassium, phosphorus, sodium and other minerals. It can absorb the flavor of the delicious soup and makes Hui mian taste more refreshing and pleasant.
Coriander contains a lot of volatile oil. This oil can get rid of the special flavor of the meat.The flavor of coriander can promote gastrointestinal peristalsis.
- "Introduction to Hui mian" Retrieved Nov 7, 2015.
- "Introduction to ten most famous noodles of China" Retrieved Mar 20, 2014.
- "Introduction to Hui mian's history" Retrieved Oct 12, 2013.
- "Introduction to Heji(合记）Lamb Hui mian" Retrieved Nov 18, 2015.
- "Introduction to Xiaoji(萧记）Sanxian（三鲜） Hui mian" Retrieved Nov 18, 2015.
- "Introduction to Nutritional value" Retrieved Aug 27, 2015.