Robert isn't well 罗伯特生病了

Linda: Hello, Karen. How are you?

 

嘿,凯伦,你好吗?

 

Karen: I'm fine. But Robert isn't very well.

 

我很好,但是罗伯特不太好。

 

Linda: Oh, I'm sorry!What's the matter with him?

 

哦,真难过,他怎么了?

 

Karen: I'm not sure. He's very hot. He isn't well.

 

我也不太确定,他在发烧,不太好。

 

Linda: Is he hungry?

 

他饿吗?

 

Karen: No, he isn't hungry.

 

不,他不饿。

 

Linda: Is he thirsty?

 

口渴吗?

 

Karen: Yes, he's very thirsty.

 

嗯,他很渴。

 

Linda: Poor Robert! I am sorry! What about the doctor?

 

可怜的罗伯特,真替他难过,没看医生吗?

 

Karen: The doctor's very busy.

 

医生很忙。

 

Linda: Yes, but Robert is ill.

 

嗯,罗伯特生病了。

 

Karen: Perhaps not very ill. But you are right. Better safe than sorry!

 

可能不是什么大病,但是你是对的,小心为上。( 宁愿要安全稳妥 而不是遗憾。引申为:小心不出大错。)

Add comment


Security code
Refresh